Aviation Parts and Product Specialist
Link to job advert: https://www.seek.com.au/job/39190570?_ga=2.52161066.28053291.1559706653-2080856593.1559706653
The Aviation Parts and Product Specialist is primarily responsible for delivering the aviation parts and distributed products sales budget, in cooperation with all other functional areas of the organisation such as inventory, warehousing, production and finance. They will also support sales of Liquip’s filtration portfolio and be responsible for promoting consistent high level growth in sales, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
The Aviation Parts and Product Specialist role will require the candidate to develop an understanding and technical aptitude associated with Aviation parts and other distributed product lines, provide assistance with pricing and quotations, and manage orders from receipt of order to order close out. Recommending system pricing and margins, quote preparation, direct customer liaising and working alongside the BDM’s and Liquip’s distributors will also be part of this role.
Our customers are number one at Liquip, and as such your welcoming & confident nature will ensure our customers feel they are the most important asset to our company.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages and develops the resources with the Parts Sales Team to effectively and efficiently service our customers; includes phone and email responses to customers, order entry, research, order management, account planning and overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide assistance to the Sales and Marketing Manager with respect to development of price structures and quotations and tender responses for Aviation and other projects.
- Develop short and long term action plans to significantly grow Aviation Parts and distributed products business.
- Forge strong relationships with key stakeholders – customers, distributors and suppliers.
- Promote and manage spare parts and traded product sales.
- Assist in inventory management of critical parts.
- Utilise CRM to monitor leads, opportunities and sales pipeline activities.
- Support and promote distributor sales (directing product sales through appropriate sales channels).
- Sales information and forecasting.
- Dispatch management.
- Provide after sales support as required.
- Contribute to the business by providing proactive solutions and ideas to improve efficiencies and generate growth opportunities.
- Collaborate and assist in the development of new promotional content that increases sales opportunities.
- High attention to detail required when supplying information to suppliers and customers.
- Customer visitation and onsite problem solving.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in sales or marketing, or min. 5 years working in parts management, engineering or sales.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing solid customer service; this includes meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively as a Liquip “partner” within the customers’ organisation.
- Mechanical aptitude or ability to understand mechanical drawings.
- Sales and customer service experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry or in spare parts.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Characteristics, Competence and Capabilities:
- Must be a self-starter who can take projects on and run with them independently.
- Strong technical proficiency and ability to learn.
- Proficiency in Oracle (ERP system) will be desired.
- Excellent organisational and time management ability.
- Great stakeholder relationship management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel.